Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Teach Me To Pray

>Teach Me To Pray>
>Please teach me, Lord ...
>I want to know
>Exactly how to pray.
>I need some words
>Which ones are right?
>Please tell me what to say.
>I've bowed my head
>I have knelt down,But ...
>should I be upright?
>I've closed my eyes,
>I've raised my hands,Or ...
>should I fold them tight?
>Do I stand up?
>Should I sit down?
>Dear Lord ... what do you like?
>Are lights turned on
>Or are they off?Maybe ...
>candle light?>Wear my glasses?
>Take them off?
>Be at my desk or table?
>Should I whisper?
>Speak out loud?
>Do I quote the Bible?
>What do you think about the time?
>Do You prefer the dawn?
>Should I pray fast,
>Or keep it slow?
>Better short ... or long?
>I'm new at this
>What are the rules?
>I want to do it right.
>How do I know
>You'll even hear
>That I am in Your sight?
>And while I sat there quietly,
>Waiting for some sign,
>I heard a gentle voice say,
>"Oh, dearest child of mine ...
>Do you think I really care
>About the time of day,
>Or whether you are standing up,
>Or kneeling when you pray?"
>"I don't care about your posture,
>Or about the place you choose;
>Just open up your soul to me,
>I have no other rules.
>Tell me what is in your heart,
>And tell me what you seek;
>Tell me of your sorrows,
>And of those things that made you weak."
>"Speak to me in private
>About what concerns you most;
>I know about your good deeds ...
>You have no need to boast.
>My child, you don't need lessons,
>Just talk to me each day;
>Tell me anything you want, dear child,
>Anyone can pray."
>~By Virginia Ellis~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home